According to the Charity Commission for England and Wales, last year there were over 168,000 charities registered in the UK. In 2016, The Times reported that charities were spending around £123 million on TV advertising and whilst they state the cost of TV advertising in decreasing – smaller local charities, like ours, can only dream of our campaigns shining into living rooms in between Eastenders and Antiques Roadshow.
Our charity is fundamentally built on the generosity of charitable trusts, local businesses, local donors and local event organisers. Every event we run is organised by an incredible team of volunteers. It doesn’t matter if it’s a large scale event or a cake sale at a local school, we are incredibly thankful for each and every penny donated to the Hampshire Medical Fund, as this contributes towards life saving equipment for Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover hospitals.
We’re not afraid to tell you it’s our dream to cross the £1million raised in a single year mark, we think it’s vital we tell you how committed we are to saving lives and when you buy a 50p raffle ticket, sign up to our Carol Service or join our 200 Club, you are saving lives too and that’s pretty darn amazing.
We need our local community because we simply cannot afford those big TV campaigns, or radio adverts or compete with those who have huge marketing budgets. The amazing thing is, you can support us in so many different ways too, here are our top 5 things you can do today to help us reach our £1million target:
- Share on social – we all know social media is a powerful thing, if everyone joined us and regularly shared our news, events and progress we would be able to reach so many local people extremely quickly.
- Fundraise for us – whether it’s at your office, or perhaps your children go to Girlguides or Scouts, or you’re part of a club, heck even your local gym might be up for doing a sponsored rowing competition for us, fundraising is one of the key ways we raise money for Hampshire Medical Fund.
- Blog about us – do you have a blog or know someone who does? Could we be featured? We love being able to spread the word of what we’re doing as much as possible.
- Office charity – we know it’s getting into the season of businesses deciding who their Charity of The Year 2020 will be. Supporting a local charity is a great way to put something back into the community.
- Join our 200 Club – joining our 200 Club is a wonderful way to support us. Our 200 Club members pay £200 annually or spread the cost throughout the year in monthly payments.That’s literally £0.55p a day towards life-saving medical equipment in Hampshire!
Would you like to support Hampshire Medical Fund? Get in touch with our Head of Fundraising, Peter Walsh: firstname.lastname@example.org